2014年1月23日星期四

Newbie connecting DELL 6248 stack to CISCO 3750 stack

I need to extend the office LAN by connecting an existing CISCO WS-C3750X-12S-S   stack to a new DELL 6248 stack.

I intend to use the fibre/combo port In DELL 6248 to connect to CISCO uplink port.

I want to use DELL port 48 but I saw there were 1/g48 and 1/xg48.  From memory, they are mutually exclusive.

Q1.  Does it mean I will just configure 1/g48 and don't bother going into the config of 1/xg48?

Q2.  To connect the 2 stacks together, should I just define both connecting ports as trunk port?  I have no experience in doing that.  FYI.  We are using VLANs in the CISCO stacks already and so the new DELL stacks need to know about it.

I was able to connect the 2 stacks together, but I am not sure if what I did was correct.

On the existing CISCO stack, I have been using VLAN 1 as the data (untagged) and VLAN 100 as voice (tagged).
On the new DELL stack, I defined 1/g48 (fibre port) as access port and VLAN 100 as the default untagged VLAN.
On the existing CISCO stack, I leave the Gigabit 1/0/4 port to its default which happens to be access mode with 1 as the default VLAN.
I thought what I did was incorrect but anyway I thought I still gave it a go and I was able to plug a PC into the DELL stack and do the normal "data" stuff without any problems.

Q1.  So, does it mean that even if the VLAN nos do not match on the connecting ports, it does not really matter?
Is this correct?

a) On the DELL stack, I configured the 1st fibre port as below:
#show interfaces switchport ethernet 1/g48

Port: 1/g48
VLAN Membership mode:Access Mode

Operating parameters:
PVID: 100
Ingress Filtering: Enabled
Acceptable Frame Type: Untagged
Default Priority: 0
GVRP status:Disabled
Protected:Disabled

Port 1/g48 is member in:

VLAN    Name                              Egress rule   Type
----    --------------------------------- -----------   --------
100     Data                              Untagged      Static

Static configuration:
PVID: 100
Ingress Filtering: Enabled
Acceptable Frame Type: Untagged

Port 1/g48 is statically configured to:

VLAN    Name                              Egress rule
----    --------------------------------- -----------
100     Data                              Untagged

Forbidden VLANS:
VLAN    Name
----    ---------------------------------

b) On the CISCO stack, I configured the fibre port as below:

Name: Gi1/0/4
Switchport: Enabled
Administrative Mode: static access
Operational Mode: static access
Administrative Trunking Encapsulation: negotiate
Operational Trunking Encapsulation: native
Negotiation of Trunking: Off
Access Mode VLAN: 1 (default)
Trunking Native Mode VLAN: 1 (default)
Administrative Native VLAN tagging: enabled
Voice VLAN: none
Administrative private-vlan host-association: none
Administrative private-vlan mapping: none
Administrative private-vlan trunk native VLAN: none
Administrative private-vlan trunk Native VLAN tagging: enabled
Administrative private-vlan trunk encapsulation: dot1q
Administrative private-vlan trunk normal VLANs: none
Administrative private-vlan trunk private VLANs: none
Operational private-vlan: none
Trunking VLANs Enabled: ALL
Pruning VLANs Enabled: 2-1001
Capture Mode Disabled
Capture VLANs Allowed: ALL
Protected: false
Unknown unicast blocked: disabled
Unknown multicast blocked:  WS-C3750V2-48PS-S    disabled

Appliance trust: none

没有评论:

发表评论