2014年1月20日星期一

Ios update for 3560-C

I plan to buy WS-C3560X-24T-L   (Catalyst 3560-C) for my home lab. I just created a new account on cisco.com (I did not register any equipment or contract for that new account). I was able to download ios 12 and 15 for that switch.
Will I be able to flash one of these versions when I will have the new switch ?
Cisco warranty for these Switchs (Enhanced Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty, www.cisco-servicefinder.com/warrantyfinder.aspx) says NO OS Software Updates included. Does tha mean that I can download ios updates but won't be able to flash the device or use it ?
- Do I really have to buy Smartnet support to be able to update ios for that switch ?
Hello just to answer some of your points.
- Everybody with an cisco account and without contract can download universal ios. The universal ios file can't be used without an proper license. So it doesn't matter
Maybe this is the case, may just come with a base feature set. Ip base or LAN base?
- 3560CG comes with an IP Base license and can't be upgraded to IP Services
It can be upgraded to ip services. You need the correct image or license, depending on which major version you go with, I.e. 12 or 15.
12 you can download the correct firmware with the feature set, with 15 you need a license.
- So I suppose that I will be able to update 3560CG with any universal ios version and "stay" at IP Base level
Depending on what feature set the universal image has without licenses. I assume its base.
- Smartnet is required if you need support (TAC) or quick (4, 8 hours) hardware replacement
Yes I believe so, although I think the thing you call smartnet, I call Cisco service support contract..?
- Smartnet is not required for normal (days) hardware replacement as WS-C3560X-24T-S   warranty is lifetime of the product (except power for 5 years)

This information should all be in the service support contract.

没有评论:

发表评论