2014年1月9日星期四

Clone Cisco 3560 / 3750

I have a WS-C3750X-12S-S   switch which needs a complete reconfigure as we are moving to new IP ranges.

Is there an easy way to pre-configure a config and then upload it, reboot and have the switch configured?

I thought I could do a "copy tftp start", but it didn't work.  I thought it might be the vlans.dat file, but that's not it either, as even the HOSTNAME doesn't change when I try.

What if I wanted to blow out the same config to 100 switches?

Generally you would copy off the existing config. I am guessing here that name/ip change, but other config stays the same.

copy run tftp (to another switch/router/computer)

edit the config script by updating ip/hostname/port descriptions/whatever

copy tftp run (from updated script to switch)

<<test>>

copy run start  <<or>> write mem



The same procedure will work for many switches, but you will want them to have unique ip and name. You could build a config with no hostname or ip assigned, load each switch and do just the hostname and ip in the initial setup screens, then copy on the rest of the config using copy tftp start followed by a WS-C3750V2-48PS-S     power cycle.‘’

没有评论:

发表评论