2014年1月23日星期四

Cisco 3750 =>blocking dhcp trafic on an interface

At work I've got a cisco WS-C3750V2-24PS-S   switch and few end devices which of course are company proprietary, connected to this switch in a separate VLAN. Now these end devices generate dhcp traffic "request" and is being propagated across all the sites where these devices are connected.
     Now I've been reading stuff about dhcp snooping features which is great but in this instance these end devices don't have a DHCP server. In this scenario all these end end devices have got static ip addresses allocated.
    Also my senior engineer being very narrow minded wants me to implement this change only on the interface level and not on the configuration level.
     Can someone please confirm if I can just only enable "ip dhcp snooping trust" on the interface level which i believe will stop the dhcp traffic ??

I'd only enable "ip dhcp snooping Vlan 10" in the global config.

So after enabling "ip dhcp snooping Vlan 10" in the global config , the switch will only stop DHCP traffic, correct ??


I am a little pedantic  since i've never performed this setting on a cisco  WS-C3750X-24P-S  switch before and would really appreciate input of experienced people !!

没有评论:

发表评论