2014年1月16日星期四

Cisco 2901 Licensing Confusion

I am trying to figure out Cisco's licensing when it comes to universal images. I have a Cisco 2921 price   router that I am about to implement but need some clarification. I need to be able to participate in OSPF routing and to use the EHWIC-4ESG (4 port L2) card.

The router I have has the IP Base, SEC and UC packages enabled. Now this should work for OSPF according to what I have read, but I am concerned about L2 ports. According to cisco.com the DATA package includes
     
Data features found in SP Services and Enterprise Services IOS image on ISR 1800,2800 and 3800 e.g. MPLS, BFD, RSVP ,L2VPN, L2TPv3 ,LAYER 2 LOCAL SWITCHING , Mobile IP, Multicast Authentication,FHRP-GLBP ,IP SLAs, PfR ,DECnet, RSRB, BIP, DLSw+, FRAS, Token Ring ,ISL, IPX ,STUN, SNTP, SDLC, QLLC etc.

The part that throws me there in 'Layer 2 Local Switching', does that mean I can not do any switching on the EHWIC unless I have the data license? This doesnt make sense.


Well answered my own question by testing the configuration. It does not appear to impact the switch module. So I am not sure what that is referring to in the Data licensing. Maybe only the  Cisco 2901-SEC  Router ports?

没有评论:

发表评论