2013年7月18日星期四

Uplink QoS on Cisco 877-M

Question:

First time poster Cisco2901-SEC in these forums

Anyways, down to why it is I've posted here. I've got a Cisco 877-M at home which i picked up to replace the old Linksys/Cisco WAG160N, which was having dropout issues on my line

Fast forward, it not only solved it, its smashing out speeds even my ISP finds amazing.

I've got a running config going on the router which is currently quite happily handling our LAN requirements (DHCP,IGMP Proxy, Firewall,DNS), but what I want to do is have an upload link QoS policy, which makes sure everyone can be able to access the net with little hassle (Not so much worried about the Downlink QoS, our connection can burst at time to 900k/sec (Currently on a 8160/384 ADSL1 Line, RIM, 300m Cable Length verified by ISP)

I'd have to get the running-config from the router when I get home, but for a Home based network, what would be required in setting up a policy for Upload, to allow the following Protocols prioritised access to the net:

HTTP (Top Priority)
IMAP (Top Priority)
POP3 (Top Priority)

Streaming Audio (Med Priority)

BT (Low Priority)

These are the main ones. There's probably more that I could add, but for my upload, what would you all suggest?

Answer:

adding some more to Josephs info
If you are lookig to configure MQ ie dedicated bandwidth for specific protocols/ports

#
Router(config)# class-map http
Router(config-cmap)# match access-group 101
ip access-list ex 101
permit tcp any any eq ww
ip access-list ex 101
permit tcp any any eq smtp
Router(config)# class-map smtp
Router(config-cmap)# match access-group 102
Router(config)# policy-map TEST
Router(config-pmap)# class http
Router(config-pmap-c)# bandwidth x
Router(config-pmap)# class smtp
Router(config-pmap-c)# bandwidth y
for more you can Cisco2911-SEC refer

没有评论:

发表评论